Tiktok Pledges $250m For COVID-19 Relief |
Connect with us
                               

TikTok, the fast-growing mobile video app, pledged Thursday to contribute $250 million to coronavirus relief efforts around the world.

TikTok, which US officials and lawmakers have assailed for potential security risks, said the funds would be for “front line medical workers, educators, and local communities deeply affected by the global crisis.”

The move follows similar announcements from technology firms including Google, Facebook and Netflix as well as from leaders of Microsoft, Amazon and Twitter.

“We are committed to playing our part in that global outpouring of mutual support and giving,” TikTok president Alex Zhu said in a statement.

“We want to magnify all we are seeing across our community and translate it into concrete relief for those most affected by this crisis.”

TikTok said $150 million of the funds would be allocated for medical staffing, supplies, and hardship relief for health care workers through the US Centers for Disease Control, World Health Organization, and agencies working to distribute supplies in hard-hit countries including India, Indonesia, Italy and South Korea.

Another $40 million will be donated to “organizations that serve groups representative of TikTok’s diverse user communities, including musicians, artists, nurses, educators, and families that have come together on our platform,” Zhu said.

TikTok said it would match $10 million in donations to its “community relief fund,” with some of that going to artists, songwriters, and music professionals hurt by cancelled performances and gig work.

Another $50 million will be applied to a “creative learning fund” to support distance learning efforts worldwide.

TikTok, popular with teens for its short music videos, has become one of the most widely used social platforms in recent months and has seen interest surge during the pandemic.

The application, owned by Chinese tech company ByteDance, saw 65 million worldwide downloads in March, according to analytics site SensorTower.

But officials from the FBI, the Justice Department and Homeland Security have warned that the video-sharing app could become another tool exploited by Chinese intelligence services.

TikTok has denied any ties with the Chinese government and notes that the app does not exist in China.

Share Post
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

ENTERTAINMENT

[Watct Video] Tammy Hembrow risks her modesty as she flaunts ample underboob in a TINY string bikini

Shechin Dashe

Published

on

The 26-year-old, who is one of Australia’s most followed Instagram celebrities, modelled a tiny rainbow string bikini, which barely covered her modesty. 

Meanwhile, g-string bikini bottoms highlighted Tammy’s famous backside and impossibly small waist.   

The blonde bombshell shared a video of her outfit on her Tammy Hembrow Fitness Instagram account to promote her workout programs and meal plans.

Tammy, who often shares her gruelling workouts with fans, previously told New Idea that she ‘eats every two to three hours’, starting and ending her day with a vegan protein shake and oats. 

See Photos

She also emphasised the importance of eating protein-rich food and complex carbohydrates to maintain her ripped physique.

‘I needed to eat lots to build that area [buttocks] so I also ate lots of complex carbohydrates like brown rice, oatmeal, potatoes and healthy fats,’ Tammy said.

‘For me lean protein like chicken breast, turkey and fish, really helps, but I find that with trying to build my booty I wasn’t consuming the amount of protein I needed so supplements like protein shakes helped too,’ she added.

Indulging in a specific variety of fruits and vegetables, Tammy incorporates watermelon, strawberries, pumpkin, capsicums and avocados – which she loves – into her diet. 

Watch Video:

She also uses a selection of turkey mince, salmon or regular mince lean beef for her dishes.

But her envy-inducing figure is thanks to skipping past her favourite parts in the grocery store – the bread section, candy and chocolate sections – keeping the juice intake to a minimum and flushing down her food with plenty of water.

Meanwhile, Tammy explained she steers clear of excess seasoning on her food, such as sauces with plenty of sugar.

‘I don’t like to add a lot of sauces to things because it makes things unnecessarily more unhealthy,’ she said in a YouTube video.

Although she is quite strict with her eating routine, Tammy admits she likes to occasionally indulge in her sweet tooth, revealing she will have a couple of Digestives chocolate biscuits on the weekend. 

Share Post
  •  
  • 34
  • 45
  •  
  • 67
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    146
    Shares
Continue Reading

ENTERTAINMENT

Sensational songstress songstress, Simi has uncovered that she would be dropping an EP very soon.

Shechin Dashe

Published

on

Sensational songstress songstress, Simi has uncovered that she would be dropping an EP very soon.

The vocalist invited her first youngster with spouse Adekunle Gold late in May and hit the music business by storm with the raving success “Duduke”. The track which was a tribute to her then-unborn youngster Adejare Kosoko beat graphs for quite a long time is still appreciated by many. Simi who has likewise been off via web-based networking media took to her Instagram page to stand up just because.

In the short clasp, Simi expressed gratitude toward her fans and well-wishers for saluting her on the conveyance of her little girl and uncovered that her EP is done and that she is just attempting to ensure that it is discharged in its best condition. She further uncovered that new scenes for her “Stoopid Sessions” on YouTube will be out soon.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCG26fEpTRk/

Share Post
  •  
  • 34
  • 45
  •  
  • 4
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
    83
    Shares
Continue Reading

LOCAL

FG announces resumption of Domestic flight; Lagos and Abuja airports to commence operations July 8

Shechin Dashe

Published

on

The Federal Government has announced the resumption of domestic flights in the country. 

In a statement released on Wednesday, July 1, the Minister of Aviation, Hadi Sirika, said the Abuja and Lagos airports will resume domestic operations on July 8, while the Kano, Port Harcourt, Owerri, and Maiduguri airports would resume on the 11th. Other airports are also expected to resume operations on the 15th.

Sirika, however, noted that a date for the international airports will be announced in due course.

The Nigerian airspace has been closed since March this year following the outbreak of Coronavirus in Nigeria.

The statement in part reads

”The flights will commence with the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport Abuja and the Murtala Muhammed Airport in Lagos.

The Port Harcourt , Owerri and Maiduguri airports will reopen to flights on the 11th of July, while other airports across the country will join on the 15th of July.

Passengers looking to travel out of the country will have to wait a bit longer as the dates for the restart of international flights into and out of the country will be announced later.

Passengers are highly advised to follow all the safety guidelines and protocols put in place to ensure that the airports don’t become channels of infection for the dreaded coronavirus.” 

Share Post
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Continue Reading

Trending